Welcome To My World

This BLOG is a Work-In-Progress!
So is my life here in the Philippines...

I will expand the features on this blog from time-to-time. I will be adding content and features such as local and regional weather, news and local links.

Where You Can See Some Of My Work

My Photo Gallery at photo.net

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mononucleosis / Epstein-Barr Virus Strikes!

It is 12:05 AM and I am just back from an evening of coffee and computer playing at the LimKetKai Mall entertainment area. I, and 20+ others that I suspect have the same symptoms and the same affliction are suffering in semi-silence here in CDO.

For us Seniors this is NOT A NICE THING! Symptoms range from swollen lymph nodes, enlarged liver and spleen through arhythmia, fainting, seizures, night-sweats and general malaise to profound loss of energy and general weakness. There is no treatment, other than for symptoms and possible complications. The nasties can last for MONTHS!

I am gradually feeling better, most days, good once-in-a-while and rotten at other times, but less rotten from week-to-week.

It has been several months since I felt like dancing at Retro ZAX Resto Bar. Yes, I can still dance with the younger crowd at ZAX. Having lost more than 30 lbs and 4 inches over the last three years it is easier to keep-up.

As I feel better I will write more...

No comments:

Blog Archive