Welcome To My World

This BLOG is a Work-In-Progress!
So is my life here in the Philippines...

I will expand the features on this blog from time-to-time. I will be adding content and features such as local and regional weather, news and local links.

Where You Can See Some Of My Work

My Photo Gallery at photo.net

Thursday, July 17, 2008

"Single Again"

Well, things have changed since my last post. I am once again living on my own. The future looks a bit bleak at this juncture as one would expect, but perhaps not for the reasons you might imagine...

The culture here in The Philippines is the only significant one on Earth that has no "Right-Of-Passage" from childhood to adulthood. The result is that many(most) people here have, in many respects, the characteristics of a child in their thinking, behavior and attitudes. This situation presents me with a problem regarding future female companionship...

So far all of the "women" that have shown interest have been far too immature to take seriously. At this point-in-time the future looks highly dubious regarding any relationship worth pursuing. It seems like the only really available option is a sexy, live-in housekeeper. Problem there is they are mostly suited to be a Cave Cleaner, not prepared to handle true cleaning using modern methods, working with household appliances, kitchen utensils and the like. They are also unlikely to be able to converse on any subject beyond the most basic aspects of daily living.

Guess I'll have to face a future of doing my own cleaning, cooking and laundry... AND talking to myself! Seems that I've been there before...

At least I still have photography to occupy my mind, and time. And, on rare occasions, I get to enjoy a real conversation with someone about ideas instead of gossip.


Stay tuned for new developments...

BTW - I DO have many Filipino friends who are mature, educated and fluent in English. Some of them may introduce me to a friend or relative who can end my quest for a Life Companion... Time will tell.

No comments:

Blog Archive